Sunday, July 27, 2008

Korean BBQ @ Kangsane Restaurant, Ampang

The power cut on Saturday had minimal effect on us as we had planned to be out the whole day, including dinner with Elaine and family. Besides Elaine, there was her mum and dad of course. Tagging along were her aunt, her boyfriend and her brother and sister-in-law to be (soon, very soon).

It has been a very long time since I was in Korea. And Korean BBQ is something that I used to look forward to whenever I visited Seoul. So for this round, in view of my very much belated birthday as well as Grace's (also belated), I decided to treat Elaine's family to Korean BBQ. There is an enclave of Koreans near Ampang Point, Ampang. Along with that was a plethora of Korean restaurants, supermarkets and so on. Not having experienced any Korean BBQ in town, I asked around and search other blogs for write ups on Korean BBQ.

I settled for one called Kangsane. We had pork belly, marinated pork, marinated beef, chicken, 2 dishes of fried gyoza, 1 plate of steamed gyoza, lala soup and whole bunch of standard side dishes which includes the must have Korean kimchi. Besides having green tea, 6 of us opted for Korean beer. Not bad (the beer I mean).

The bill came to a whopping RM554.00 for 10 of us. Will not be having Korean for a long long while more!

No comments: