Saturday, August 2, 2008

Denai Alam house - a month and the half later

The Denai Alam house has been undergoing renovations for the past month and the half. The external walls have been completed. Doing the extensions with my neighbor presents a better and more aesthetic look to the whole renovations. If everything proceeds without problems, i guess the renovations should be completed before the end of August. What a mess it is in now. Looks more like a house in a war zone.
So far RM30K has been paid out to the contractor. I still remember in the early 80s, when I renovated and extended a previous house in Taman Melawati, I had extended more than double the buildup that i am doing today. It was also double storey and created a new large bedroom and pushed the wet kitchen all the way to the back. And the cost then, including electrical and everything else was only RM20K. But those were the days when you could get a decent meal for less than RM2.00.

Sigh!

No comments: