Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bee Hive in fruit tree

I have a very fruitful chiku tree in my garden. Sorry - I have no idea what is the common name for a chiku. It is a fruit about the size of an egg, brownish color and when the fruit is ripe, it is sweet with a slightly woody taste. This particular tree has been fruiting sweeter than normal fruits.

Bees decided to make it's hive high up on the branches about 6 months ago. This swarm of bees have been making hives all over my garden and then abandoning them because they were too close to the ground. We kind of disturbed them whenever we wanted to prune the bushes.

Today, as I was trying to harvest some chikus, I accidentally came too close to the hive with the pole. The bees were super fast. Within 10 seconds (or less), they were swarming around my head. I honestly did not even see them coming at me until I heard buzzing around my head. Ran as fast as I could - but still got a couple of bee stings in my right ear lobes.Last time I got stung must have been more than 40 years ago!!

2 comments:

vertigo said...

Oh My God! hows your ear lobe now? i wonder, if you'd walk into the office with a swollen ear...what people around would make of it!!

Randeep, Lucknow.(mispelt as Lakhnau**)

Sam Tam said...

Randeep - you have nothing better to do than to read my blog on a Sunday afternoon!!! Get a life!!

I am thick skin enough to withstand 2 stings without my lobes swelling