Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sis and Brother-in-law will be visiting in August 2008

Towards the end of August, my mum will be turning 69!! She is already having mobility problems due to the drying of her knee joints and it is unlikely that she would be able to stand another trip to London to visit my younger sister, Chooi and her husband Stephen.

So this year, I am paying for my sister and brother-in-law to come to Malaysia in conjunction with my mum's birthday. Unlike an advertisement currently running on the idiot box, I do not have to borrow money from the bank to finance their travel. The photo above was taken in Nov 2004 the last time mum traveled to London. Due to some scheduled activities, both of them will be coming and going back on different days. Stephen is scheduled to arrive KLIA on 12th morning and Chooi on 16th morning. Chooi leaves on 21st and Stephen leaves on 2nd Sept. And to complicate matters, I am in Singapore from 17th to 29th August. Bummer!!

Regardless, I am still squeezing some time for them by taking leave on 12th to 15th, before I go off to Singapore on a business trip. I have already booked an apartment in Equatorial Hotel in Cameron Highlands from 13th to 15th Aug.

And I am also planning for a trip to Ijok for beggar chicken when I am back from Singapore (before Stephen departs home).

The last time they were in town was 10 years ago. That was when the Indonesian haze was the heaviest. That was when KL was seething with unrest due to the Anwar sodomy trial. Looks like not much has changed. 10 years later, Anwar is again facing allegations of sodomy. The difference today is that with wide access to the internet, more people are able to get both sides of the news instead of relying on the Government controlled media. And the opposition controls 5 states!

2 more weeks of waiting!!

No comments: