Last Sunday, another milestone in my life just went by. I am now officially, chronologically half a century young!! To me age is just a number. Live life to the fullest and enjoy the scenery along the way.
Sunday was a quiet day. My family had already celebrated for me on Father's day, which was a couple of weeks ago. And with Madeline's wedding happening in my house, the respite was welcomed.
By some strange coincidence, 7 of my friends decided to SMS me birthday greetings within a space of 5 minutes. This was not like in the early part of the day or even in the afternoon. There was a flurry of SMS in the early morning as expected. This was close to 10pm. I had just finished watching the news, switched off the idiot box, switched off the room lights when my phone buzzed with the first message. And so I spent the next 5 minutes going back and forth between the bed and the cupboard where I kept my phone. Thank you to my colleague from India, the colleagues from Singapore and one ex-colleague who had left us maybe 4 years ago and still remembered to send me a birthday greeting every year.
Elaine got so caught up in her work that she did not get a chance to give me my present until Tuesday. She brought me along to purchase the gift, supposedly for her boyfriend. I believed her!! And then she gave it to me in the evening. Thankee thankee thankee.
I also won RM1000 GAP vouchers from HSBC from a promotion they had in Mid valley some weeks ago. Nice surprise.
Last but not least, EPF paid ALL of my money from account 2 into my bank account. That was prompt!!. It happened on Monday 30th,just one day after the day i was eligible. Another property just got paid off!!
No comments:
Post a Comment