
On 21st June, my cousin sister, Madeline will finally go through the traditional Chinese ceremony to officially traditionally change her status to that of MARRIED!! She had been officially (as in legally) married since Feb 2007, but had deferred the traditional Chinese ceremony - supposedly to wait for me to buy a new Camry so that she can use it for her ceremony. Now that I have taken delivery of my Camry - she has no more excuses!!

On 20th night, there is going to be a party at my house with friends and relatives from both sides invited.

So last night, I joined in the "Chee Mui's" dinner at Amuletto in Mid Valley. This is a dinner organized for the "sisters" of the bride.

I have never joined in one of these before and I was invited, I guess, in my capacity as the host.

Madeline will be using my house as the base for the Chinese wedding ceremony.
The dinner also doubled up as the occasion to plot how to treat and mistreat the groom on both days (20th and 21st).

I must say that these "ladies" can be cruelly kind!! I am glad I am not in Vincent's shoes. In addition, there was also the allocation of roles for the "chee muis". Who are the ushers? The receptionists? Who takes care of the Bride's guest and the Bridegroom's guests? What music to play for the entrance? What are the theme for the nights? How do we get from point A to point B? Who stays over at my house on 20th (as we will be starting early on the morning of 21st)? Decisions decisions!!

Since my lips are sealed, I cannot divulge any details here, since Vincent occasionally comes here to read what I have been up to.
Suffice to say, it is going to be a very very very busy weekend for me from the 20th June.
1 comment:
Oh Shit....
'V'
Post a Comment