Thursday, June 19, 2008

Aunt Fong Ang and husband opens their second laundrette

19th June marks the opening of the second laundrette for my 8th Aunt and her husband. Initially, I had planned to take leave for that day to bring some cousins over for the opening ceremony. But I had to call up to decline the invitation as I also had a meeting in the office in the early afternoon of the same day. My brother Kit, had said he would take time off to go, if I fetched him. So it ended up , none of us were able to accept the invite.

As luck would have it, the office meeting on the 19th was to discuss on a community affair planned for 17th July, for which I had volunteered to be the MC. Coincidentally, I had to be in Germany during that week in July. So I opted out of that office meeting. I also took leave on 19th as Madeline was using my house as base of operations for her wedding party and tea ceremony. There were the canopy contractors coming in to setup the canopies. Madeline had to pick up her bridal gown, etc, etc., etc..

In the end , Madeline and I managed to squeeze out some time to attend the opening ceremony of the laundrette. It is located inside the Platinum Lake condominiums in Taman Danau Kota in Setapak. The opening of the launderette was blessed by their church's Pastor and attended by many of her church members.

Both my Aunt and husband are MBA graduates since more than a decade ago. Somewhere along the way, her husband decided to try his hand at his own business instead of working for corporate and this business came about. My aunt is some kind of HR director in AP for the United Nations. Still have not managed to ask her the exact details.

Apprpriately enough, the door gifts were hangers. Expandable hangers!.

No comments: