Someone keeping count ah?? Did someone ask where is part 4? Cannot label part 4 lah – it was called part 3b. Kapisch??
My family and I arrived at 6.30pm because someone said the cheemuis would be there by 6pm to help get the place organized. Sure – Yee Ling was there looking a little flabbergasted!! So was Celia and Sam Yap and partner, the official photographer. But……. No guests list!! No sign in book!! Some guests started arriving and we had no idea where to seat them!! Yikes!!!!
Started calling Madeline – where is her sister supposed to sit? Where was I supposed to sit. How about 7th aunt?, etc.etc.etc. Who is having the sign in book?? Coco? Who is Coco?
By 7pm, a semblance of normalcy descended on us as cheemuis started showing up with the guest lists (color coded for the bride’s guests and the groom’s guest).
The cheemuis were resplendent in their Gold and White theme of the night!! Don’t believe?? See this photo!!
There was another wedding party going on in the same restaurant and occasionally we have people showing up who looked confused and wondered why their names was not on the list.
Er.. which party are you attending?

My wife and I were doing our role as pseudo Tai Yee Loong (the illegal moneylenders lah). Every 15 or 20 minutes, we would walk up to the reception desk and ask for ALL the ang pows that had been collected. Sau soh sau soh!!!! Then it was off to a little room (where the bride and some of her support staff were hiding) to open the ang pows and count the collection. Once the counting was done, Coco (of the restaurant) was called in and the money was handed to her as prepayment for the cost of that night’s dinner. Within 2 Tai Yee Long’s collection, we managed to pay off RM17,400 to Coco.
I ended up missing the start and entry of the bride and groom and when I got to the table, it was already the third dish. That’s okay – I had been part to the food testing and tasting team before the actual event.
And of course, about mid way through the food servings, there is the customary Yum Seng!!
Bride and Groom, Vincent’s mum and Dad, Madeline’s Dad and my mum were called on stage to toast the guests. 5th Uncle helped my mum on stage and then was unable to return to his seat.
So he stayed on the stage to present the toast as well.
When the dinner was over, I looked for Coco, settled the outstanding, took some more photos with some chee muis and called it a day!!.
I had to lead the Singapore cousin part ways to Cheras so that they could make their way to the hotel. Then Kit had to be sent to the Bukit Bintang area before we could all go home, clean up and finally ZZZZzzzzzz.
As in every movie, there is always the credits at the end of the show. For the making of the Mad wedding, the following deserves special mention
01. Janet Low –Maid of Honour – the one leg kick, the everything can do superwoman!
02. Make-up by Rebecca Lam – Despite all the stress of the occasion, Mad’s face looked unblemished!
03. Hair by Zayne Chow - I almost thought he could have teased a poodle out of Mad’s hair
04. Floral Design by Freddy Gan – The car, the 2 houses, the corsages, the restaurant. Wow!
05. Additional Wedding Cake by Martina Lee – yummy!!
My family and I arrived at 6.30pm because someone said the cheemuis would be there by 6pm to help get the place organized. Sure – Yee Ling was there looking a little flabbergasted!! So was Celia and Sam Yap and partner, the official photographer. But……. No guests list!! No sign in book!! Some guests started arriving and we had no idea where to seat them!! Yikes!!!!
The cheemuis were resplendent in their Gold and White theme of the night!! Don’t believe?? See this photo!!
There was another wedding party going on in the same restaurant and occasionally we have people showing up who looked confused and wondered why their names was not on the list.
My wife and I were doing our role as pseudo Tai Yee Loong (the illegal moneylenders lah). Every 15 or 20 minutes, we would walk up to the reception desk and ask for ALL the ang pows that had been collected. Sau soh sau soh!!!! Then it was off to a little room (where the bride and some of her support staff were hiding) to open the ang pows and count the collection. Once the counting was done, Coco (of the restaurant) was called in and the money was handed to her as prepayment for the cost of that night’s dinner. Within 2 Tai Yee Long’s collection, we managed to pay off RM17,400 to Coco.
I ended up missing the start and entry of the bride and groom and when I got to the table, it was already the third dish. That’s okay – I had been part to the food testing and tasting team before the actual event.
And of course, about mid way through the food servings, there is the customary Yum Seng!!
When the dinner was over, I looked for Coco, settled the outstanding, took some more photos with some chee muis and called it a day!!.
As in every movie, there is always the credits at the end of the show. For the making of the Mad wedding, the following deserves special mention
01. Janet Low –Maid of Honour – the one leg kick, the everything can do superwoman!
02. Make-up by Rebecca Lam – Despite all the stress of the occasion, Mad’s face looked unblemished!
03. Hair by Zayne Chow - I almost thought he could have teased a poodle out of Mad’s hair
04. Floral Design by Freddy Gan – The car, the 2 houses, the corsages, the restaurant. Wow!
05. Additional Wedding Cake by Martina Lee – yummy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment