Sunday, May 18, 2008

My 100th Blogspot entry

I started blogging more than a year and the half ago on Friendster and then abandoned Friendster for Blogspot. Really don't remember the dates - I am not one for anniversaries!! I only know that this is my 100th update in Blogspot because it says so.

In fact, I can only vaguely recall that I shifted to my current house some 16 years ago on Vesak Day (which is tomorrow). Even then I can write with certainty that it was 16 years ago because that's about how long I have known my God daughter and her family. Had to subtract her current age from the time that I first met her to arrive at the timeline!!

I was planning to move into my current house later - but you know the saying - man proposes, God disposes. My wife and I spent many weeks coming to the new house to dig up the garden to remove the rubbish (cement, rocks, stones, cement bags, bricks, etc) from the garden. Somewhere along the way, I applied to take up my MBA, got accepted and decided that we should have to move in without extensive renovations. Needed all my financial reserves to see me through the course. There was NO sponsorship from the company!!. Only the grills were installed and we moved into the house thereafter.

So for the past 16 years in this house, I have had the kitchen extended, knocked out one sliding door and installed a wall with 2 windows, grew a mango and chiku tree and had a very strong wind topple my mango tree (the fruits were very very sweet!!).

This year, we finally got the upstairs parquet floor relaid with timber flooring. Added a polycarbonate awning in front and at the side. And of course my latest toy is the third one in this house - the first being a Mazda Astina, followed by the Toyota Unser.

Of all the friends and neighbors that I had, the one that I truly treasure is of course my God daughter - Elaine. After her family moved to Taman Putri Jaya, I saw a lot less of her and since more than a year ago, she has been working in the same department as me. To me the memory of that little 9 year old kid running all over the neighborhood is still fresh in my mind.
Thanks Elaine for being a part of my life!

No comments: