Sunday, May 25, 2008

Denai Alam house ready - what next?

My Denai Alam house has been ready for some months. There were a few defects inside that needed the developer to remedy. This morning, I took a quick recce and so far all the defects that I brought to their attention has been fixed.

I also took the opportunity to see what my neighbors were doing in terms of renovation. First concern that I had was the electric and water meters. I am still holding onto the 3 big fuses for the electric mains (for 3 phase wiring), since I am not staying in yet. The way the meters are setup, it is a prime target for vandals and thieves to easily remove or vandalize. Here is how some of my neighbors protected their meters. I would probably do the same and most likely opt for a single grill cover instead of the 2 grill designs of most.

There is another neighbor who did an extensive renovation - replacing the driveway, changing the wall surfaces and extended the main door to be flushed with the other doors.And of course when doing renovations, one needs to display that all important permission to renovate notice issued by the City Council of Shah Alam (MBSA). Sheesh!!
I am now waiting for my neighbor Allan (Elaine C.'s bro) to decide when he wants to commence renovations. I'll put this property on the rental market once renovations are complete.

No comments: