Sunday, December 9, 2007

Teo Weng Siang's wedding dinner

Looks like this year will be another year for wedding dinners. This 9th Dec was Teo's wedding dinner. Only catch was that it was held in Sungei Bakap - more than 300km from Kuala Lumpur. I ended up taking 6 passengers with me. Initially, I wanted to go with my wife and son, but then the cousins were visiting as it was school holidays. Then Elaine and Julian opted to join me. And since my MPV could seat up to 8 including me, I opened the other seats to the office mates. I was expecting maybe 5, so the seating could be comfortable in view of the long distance. Kylie, Ee Chia were the first to opt in. Then Kah Leng and Selene asked. Selene backed out as her husband was tagging along, so I thought - great - just nice - 5 passengers.


At the last minute, Jayson and Leong Chan Meng also asked to join in.Well, the last 2 rows will have to bear it. Seated all the way for 300+km. Luckily Jayson pulled out on the day of the journey itself, so one row had some relief.


We started at about 12.45pm and stopped in Bidor for Duck Thigh noodles and shopping for fresh fruits and tidbits. The fruits season seems to have arrived. Rambutans, seedless Guavas were aplenty. Durians were also seen. Petai and Mangoes was everywhere. Slurpp and slober!!!


By the time we had finished lunch, I could take a much slower drive to Sungei Bakap. Even then we arrived too early for dinner. So we detoured to Teo's house.


Dinner was held in the local school hall. There were 80 tables set for dinner. Each can seat up to 10 - go do the maths!.


Food was surprisingly small portion. I had expected larger portions since this was essentially located in a small town. The food was standard fare, but some of the dishes were served in different ways.


By the time we had finished at 10pm, I decided to speed home so that we can get enough sleep for the next day. My carload arrived at the office at 1.15pm. Many was surprised that my MPV could be speeding. HAH!!!




No comments: