With so many managers above me - could not skip the meeting and get togethers!! This made for a very stressful week. On top of that my new assignment and role has still not been finalized or approved.Since Monday, it has been lavish dinners every day. Monday, we had 8 guests in the office having a separate meeting.Being the defacto host, I had to entertain them for dinner. I roped in Oi Chan to help with transportation and we ended up in Pantai Seafood. Everyone enjoyed that.
Tuesday was dinner at Madam Kwan's in KLCC with the APFO support managers and team. I had to give that a miss as this was the first day of meetings and I had been eating breakfast, tea breaks, lunch and tea the whole day of the meeting - all catered for!! Burppp!!
Wednesday - it was APFO kickoff dinner in the hotel.
The theme was Golden and it was more like the Phantom of the Opera.
As usual, the ladies were dressed to the nines.
The highlights for me was NOT the food - it was so so only. The real highlight was a performance by Joanne Yeoh.
If ever I had to vote on someone who is talented, beautiful, with the right height and with an almost perfect body proportion, Joanne Yeoh would have my vote - anytime. Go Google her and see her list of achievements. It almost makes me want to take up music!!!Thursday - the CSO team had dinner at Saloma's, Jalan Ampang. The restaurant was a 10 min walk from the hotel - but it had been raining the whole day and still drizzling at the appointed time. I ended up ferrying 9 people in my car at one go!!.
Everyone manage to get there within an hour (from a 10 min walk away- sheesh!!)Friday was a bit of a respite from all that gorging. Took my immediate manager (soon to be immediate past manager) to Umaiya for a Japanese dinner.
Saturday, my family and I were invited to an Aloha nite. I have been sponsoring some "special children" to be educated and trained at a center called Sri Eden house. Please go to this site for more information on Sri Eden House http://www.geocities.com/sri_eden_house/
This center catered for "special children" who are mentally and physically challenged. This year, they invited their sponsors and the families of the "special children" to a Christmas party in Seri Pacific (a hotel in KL).
The members of New Life Church group and their pastors were also on hand as volunteers and host.And finally, to end the week (or was it to begin the next week??), I ferried 6 office mates from KL to Sungei Bakap (Penang) to attend an office mate's wedding dinner. We started at almost 1pm and arrived at almost 6pm - slow drive for the last 2 hours. After dinner, at 10pm, I got us all to the office by 1.15am. That would be another blog.
Now, I need to skip dinner for the rest of December!!
No comments:
Post a Comment