My sister and I were abandoned by this man more than 45 years ago. My mum had to struggle to bring up both of us by being a domestic help almost all her life. Who cares if he is dead. Not me for sure. I even jokingly told my God daughter that if I could, I'll take the compassionate leave and go somewhere to celebrate. In fact, I had already planned to have dinner with 2 of my staff in Shanghai tonight, so it is still a celebration of sorts.
I realized that these 2 days, many people who knows me were wondering if I was joking or in denial when I said matter-of-fact - FATHER DEAD ALSO I WILL CONTINUE TO DELIVER THIS TRAINING IN SHANGHAI. (Say Lo tau dut gai juk pooi fun). It is neither a joke nor denial. How can one expect to have any feelings for someone you have never known in your life? Someone who has never been part of your life, especially in your formative years? I informed my sister in London of the event and she wrote back, she feels sad for her cat which had to be euthanized. For this man- no feelings!!
I was told by my cousin Michelle that my half brother had to shoulder the burden of doing all the rites. Well good luck to him.
The SOB is dead, long live the living!!
No comments:
Post a Comment