Sunday, July 15, 2007

My TARC and Motorola days

While looking for some old photos to update my previous blogs, I found that many of the old coloured photos that I had were starting to fade and lose it's colours. If I remember correctly, colour photo prints then cost 60 cents (not sen) per piece if you wanted good quality and longer lasting prints. IN those days, I had not started working and was doing part time jobs to supplement my pocket monies to indulge in my photography hobby. So I ended up processing most of prints at 25 cents per print. Many decades later, I can see why the cheaper prints were cheaper.. Like the Cantonese saying goes, good things are never cheap and cheap things are never good. Sigh!!!


Anyway, I think I have to spend some time scanning all my old photos to at least arrest the fading. Major project for the rest of this year if I do not have to travel until October. I still have one more major travel in August - to Beijing and Frankfurt.


So here is me and my class mates in the style of those years - bell bottoms, mop tops and long hair. The one below shows the Electronics class of SOT (first batch). Now for a test of my memory. Front row L to R: Evelyn Chua Poi Luang, Lim Meng Zium, Andy Ang, Michael Lee Soon Lock, Sam, Shum Kok Hoong, Wong Mee Choy (lecturer), forgot_1, Chong Choy Fook
Back row L to R: Chan Kau (I think), forgot_2, Lim Jit Jee, Goh Yap Hiang, forgot_3, Ooi Lye Hock, Ho Soon Fatt, EE somebody, Ooi somebody, Lau Chak Pooi.

Okay, so I have forgotten at least 3 of these clasmates and can't remember the complete names of at least 2. Never thought to write down at the back of the photo. Sigh!

This one below, shows me and some of my classmates L to R: Chong Choy Fook, Sam, Ho Soon Fatt and Ooi Lye Hock



And the one above is a photo of the lab staff of SOT and SAS (TARC). Seated L to R: Yuen somebody, Forgot_1, Choo somebody (how can I forget a girl's name!!), Ms Shum, forgot_2, Teng somebody, forgot_3
Back row L to R: forgot_4, forgot_5, Goh Yap Hiang, Nadarajah, Sam, Chin Seong Kong, forgot_6, Lim Jit Jee, Forgot_7

Wah, this is worse. What do you expect? I only worked around them for 1 year and we were all from different labs.

One more with me in the Maintenance Supervisor smock in Motorola. If I had stayed on, I might have ended up as Than bin Abdullah. more than 95% of the employees were Malays and a very significant numbers were Malay girls!! These Malay girls here - totally forgot their names!!



Who would have thought that the typical 60kg weakling would have turn out to be me today!!

No comments: