Sunday, December 14, 2008

Daidomon @ Great Eastern Mall

Vincent H and Madeline invited us to dinner at Daidomon on the 3rd floor of the Great Eastern mall, Jalan Ampang. They have a Japanese BBQ for dinner - all you can eat buffet (I think becoz it was Vincent's treat - I forgot about the price!!!).

My family arrived just about 10 minutes before the appointed time. A quick check with Vincent and we were told to go ahead and start cooking as they were stuck in a massive jam from KLCC. We first ordered from the menu card and then went to look at the starters spread in the center of the restaurant. A good selection of starters - though I wonder why Korean Kimchi was included. There was also a few different sushis available. My wife enjoyed the baby octopus (first time she was having such food). Alex stayed clear and kept asking where were it's eyes! I started off with Soba.

The BBQ pit was nice and shiny with smokeless coals burning just under the hot plate.

Alex who is a beef enthusiast asked me to order anything that says beef and I asked for the Belly ribs beef. Thinly sliced (and I mean thin!!) - they were perfect for BBQ and well marinated. Lamb was also available and were really nice as they were prepared in bite sized portions.We also had large onion (I love those as they provide a spicy twang!), cabbage, mushrooms (I didn't know mushrooms could be BBQed), prawns, stingray fish, cuttlefish and chicken wings. All these before V and M came in (40 minutes late).

You can also order fried rice, cawan-mushi and tempura for the buffet. Delicious. Halfway through, the waitress who was waiting on us (very diligently, even cooking for us sometimes) recommended cow tongue. Why would I want to eat cow's tongue?? Will it make me moo?? So we asked for half a portion (4 slices). It was actually not too bad. That's the 4 round slices you see above. If nobody told me it's cow's tongue, I would have assumed just another regular part of the cow.

And after stuffing ourselves, a round of ice cream to cool down the mouth. Both my wife and Alex had 3 scoops each!!. You can see the guilty looks.

All I want to say after the meal was YUM YUM! Japanese BBQ was definitely much better than Korean (or maybe I have yet to find the right Korean BBQ).

2 comments:

vertigo said...

OMG! you have soooo much food all over your blog...!

Syiok Sendiri said...

yeah. Ah Lai cheh took a big helping of icecream... with a lame excuse of sharing.. hehehehe