Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ijok New Beggar Chicken

Ha!! finally got the photos from Vincent. Looks like he was in a hurry to whack the food, so the photos turned out a little shaky. Never mind - the food was good and every reason not to spend too much time on photography.

When I booked a table for 10, the restaurant assumed that I was going for the dinner set. And I was wondering why he never asked me what I wanted for that night. Lesson learned - there are a lot of other food in the restaurant and there were some selections that I would have preferred to make. Still.... the dinner set was good. Alan, Alexandra's friend gave this place a 4 out of 5 - and only because there were a couple of stray dogs wandering around the tables.

I invited Siew Mei and family (but her husband had a kenduri to attend the same nite. So Ahsley followed the mum and Amelie followed her dad). There was Stephan and Janet, Vincent and Madeline. I finally managed to get one of my unmet e-pal to join us for the dinner. That's a friend I made on the internet whom I have not met face to face before. Luckily, I only have one handful of such friends. Alexandra came with her boyfriend Alan.

We had beggar chicken, beggar duck, beggar rice, beggar pig trotters, a pot of pig stomach soup, green vegetables, fried prawns, crabs, steamed fish. With about half the food served, almost everyone abandoned any thoughts of taking more photos. Everyone was attacking the food with gusto. Ashley epitomized our enjoyment of the food for the night!!

Yum Yum

No comments: