Sure, I get the occasional message to review, assess some DEFOA claims and approve (or disapprove) them. My team of E Authors are essentially on auto pilot. I am just waiting for a new development to be made public before I can re-direct this team in India. Miyuki comes to me occasionally for advice on training matters. These I can do with more than one eye closed.
I am still waiting for approval to come to hire the new team. I am still waiting for the directive on where this new team is to be located. That has not come and looks like it will be some time yet.
So I am amusing myself looking for a new job. Vincent lent me this book called 100 Bullshit Jobs by Stanley Bing.
- A fair amount of bullshit in anybody's job is, a priori, a good thing
- the ability to bullshit is what separates happy beasts from miserable mankind
- there are costs for obtaining and maintaining a job that is fundamentally bullshit
- yadda, yadda, yadda
As a blogger, that is one of the jobs classified in the book as one of the 100 Bullshit jobs. Couldn't agree more. But other than the last job, which is YOU (the reader), all my current jobs do not qualify to be among the 100 bullshit jobs. That can't be right.
Some of the more obvious bullshit jobs are
- Advertising Executive
- Aromatherapist
- Backup dancer
- Certified Massage Therapist
- Chairman (now that I can live with)
- Feng Shui consultant
- Food Critic
- Game show host
- Headhunter
- Lawyer
- Marriage counselor
- Motivational speaker
- Personal trainer
- Vice President of the USA
You get the drift (I hope)
Control tower - where and when can I land??
No comments:
Post a Comment