Saturday, January 12, 2008

Overnight in Singapore

Finally, control tower says that by an executive decision, the plane needs to land in India. And I will be allowed to have a local supervisor to help manage the daily operations. Details needs to be worked out next week. That includes extra duties in internal training management for Asia Pacific.

But still, with no details, I took my boredom to Singapore on a 2 days 1 night trip. Stayed with a friend (who does not want her name mentioned on my blog). Took Aeroline down for a RM160 return trip fare (which is a heck of a lot cheaper than flying). Why such a short trip to Singapore?? Simply to fulfill my annual practice of purchasing the Singapore coins for that year - especially the Chinese new year themed collections. Most years, I have an excuse to go to Singapore to make my purchases. This year, with no one reporting to me in Singapore and no business to justify a business trip, I had to go there just to get my collections.

I ended up getting $10 Proof coin, $2 Proof coin and also $2 proof like coin (otherwise called Brilliant Uncirculated). I also managed to get a couple of the smallest looking gold coins, a couple of thematic issues from 2007 (Rustic Coast and Orchid series) which looks really nice with colors added to the coins.

And in line with the coming Chinese New year - 10 sets of the 2008 Singapore coin issues sold as Hong Bao sets. Only certain special people will get that from me and it is less than a handful.

Why Singapore coin collections? Simple - they have a very small numbers issued thereby making their numismatic value higher than say- USA which issues in much larger numbers.

No comments: