Saturday, March 14, 2009

New addition to the family - my nephew Justin

Justin Timothy Hiew decided that 12th march 2009 was a good day to say hi to the world. He burst his mum's water early in the morning at around 2.15am. His happy Dad SMS quite a few people, including yours truly. I heard my SMS come in (one those who knows me knows how loud I set my messages alert), woke up, decided, it would take a while more before he arrived.

Morning, I called V - for a status update. No sign of Justin yet. 7.30am, doctor ordered a C-section as the vital signs were showing baby in distress. By 8.20am or so, Justin finally popped out. Doctor made the right decision as the umbilical cord was caught around Justin's neck.

Visited V and M in the evening after work. Justin was busily trying to suckle, but M was not ready, so Justin was wheeled off to the nursery for formula. By the next day, things started going downhill. Justin had not passed motion!. Extensive tests were done and it was found that section (s) of his small intestines were either not properly developed or were blocked.

Doctor says surgery was necessary.V and M were sad. M was getting depressed. Mad, it's not your fault. It is fated. Justin was transferred to HUKM as it is nearer to all of us (and cheaper too).

More tests are done to confirm the situation and surgery is scheduled for today 15th Mar.

Lord, I don't ask much of you but on this holy day, I pray that you will see Justin through this ordeal. Lord, you may have your reasons to make this little boy and his parents suffer and I don't claim to understand your reasons for this. All I ask is that you spare Justin and let V and M enjoy the experience of parenthood with their first born. In Jesus name. Amen

1 comment:

Syiok Sendiri said...

Justin's actual full moon is on 12th and that's Easter Sunday! So we're taking him to church in about 9 hours later. :) Want to give thanks for his quick recovery and his return to our arms.