Saturday, January 2, 2010

London and Paris - a new perspective

Had a wonderful 11 days in London and Paris and immensely enjoyed it. More so since Elaine C also joined my family and I in our holidays. Having her along meant a slight change in the normal things we did. In all our travels, all our schedule was set by me with little or no input from the wife. My son would only have a few places to go to, like London Dungeon. With Elaine, we also put in a few days of shopping in London and Paris as there was the Christmas sales, the Boxing Day sales and end of year sales. We literally walked till we almost dropped.

My sister has a 2 room house in Walthamstow and all four of us (wife, son, Elaine and I) took up one room in front. this room has the best view as it overlooks the forest reserve and in the wee hours of the morning, you can see the foxes wandering around. Some of the convenience that we are used to had to have some adjustments. For example, there is only one bathroom and one toilet. So bath time was one long waiting session.

For friends and friend of friends, you would probably have seen my photo narrative on facebook, so I am not going to duplicate that here.

It has been a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for the company Elaine. I hope you enjoyed the holiday as much as we did.

No comments: