Saturday, December 12, 2009

Xmas around the shopping malls in KL

Christmas and Chinese New Year are when the shopping malls are beautifully decorated. There is some level of decorations during Deepavali (or Divali) and Hari Raya Puasa (or Eidil Fitri), but they do not look as nice as during Xmas or CNY. Maybe that's coz I am bias!!.
For this year, I took photos at

Sunway Pyramid. They had some kind of a French theme for this year. A lion was walking around with 2 pretty girls giving out sweets. I think it was a lion from one of the food snacks sponsor. Santa was everywhere. This particular Santa shakes around a bit when triggered by sound. It should be a good advertisement for exercise as the belt seems to have fallen off due to excessive exercise!!

Then there was The Curve - along with Ikano Power Center and the other parts linked together. I like the centerpiece of The Curve - colorful and full of Xmas trees!! Even their tenants decorated their premises, like the one shown here- at The Marche.

Mid Valley Megamall and The Gardens was just as nicely decorated. The Gardens had a bird cage theme. I also noticed bird cages sold all over the place in KL. Mid Valley had a more fairy tale setting, with castle, hanging candles and even fairies walking around for shoppers to take photos. They also had a stage in front of the castle to accommodate shows- like a fashion show by Elle. The number of pro/ semi-pro and amateur photographers was astounding!! One guy opened his bag to prepare his gear and you can see that it was a dedicated bag just to hold all his paraphernalia.

Last but not least, I heard that The Pavilion was quite attractive. It was not bad with attractions both inside and outside the shopping complex. We arrived around 5pm because I heard that most of the attractions would be lit after 6pm. By 7pm, the place was crowded - almost impossible to get a photo without a bunch of strangers in the background! At 8pm, they even had pseudo snow generated. I wouldn't want to stand under a bunch of soap bubbles being spewed from about 5 stories up!! and the floor became very slippery after that.

One last comment. I like the standardized cart that Famous Amos put up. I saw the same thing at the Curve and at Mid Valley.

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Thank you for sharing the christmas decor at KL shopping mall. So which shopping mall you like the best?

vertigo said...

Mommy, I don't want the sweets...I want the girl!!