My good friend AS, gave me 4 complimentary tickets for Sunway Lagoon Resort. The last time we were there was a few years ago. Despite the fears of crowded places and the likelihood of Influenza A (H1N1), we went ahead with our plans. Jessie and her maid, Amy were invited to tag along. That meant that we were short of one ticket. Never mind - I could afford to pay for just one ticket!!
We were at the park by 10am. Certain things have changed. Instead of that piece of paper, you now need to pay a deposit of RM10 to get a watch like ticketing/ tracking device that you strap on your arm.

As I write this, I wonder why I did not snap a picture of that?? Luckily my camera has enough resolution that I could just pick one of the photos and crop it down to show the tag!!
The dry park did not change much. The group went to the Pirate ship first.

My wife and Jessie backed out after witnessing the 360 degrees turn made by the ship.

Amy reluctantly went to accompany Alex.

I swear I saw her cross herself before the ship started moving!.
After that, it was the Tomahawks. These are similar to the pirate ship, except that there were 2 opposing vessels that also does 360 degrees turns.

This time all 4 of them went (I am the photographer - so I get to opt out) as the cages were covered.

When they had completed the ride, they all said that their butt came off the seat when the vessels were upside down during the 360 degrees turn.

After that, we walked the entire length of the suspension bridge.

The other end was the Extreme park. That's where you can find the go carts, ATVs, Paintball, etc.

There were too many people waiting for the flying fox ride which deposits them in the surf beach pool.

So we walked down and into the surf beach area.

And for the rest of the day, everyone was in the water more than they were out.

We spent about an hour at the surf beach before heading to the other pool area.

You are not allowed to bring in outside food (the bags are checked before you can enter).

So be fore-warned that you need to have quite a bit of cash as drinks cost RM4 per can and meals can be between RM6 to RM15 (hot dogs or Fried glass noodles).

Next day (Sunday), we went to Reunion Restaurant to celebrate my mum's birthday (which falls on the end of August).

Besides the Hiews (Vincent, Madeline and Justin, together with V's parents),

we also had Madeline's brother and sister invited for lunch.

Madeline and her siblings had stayed at my house for many years during their school days,

so it was only appropriate that they came to celebrate my mum's birthday lunch.

And at the end of all that food, what can one say but BURRPPP!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment