Sunday, June 21, 2009

Food for the week (3) - the rest of it

Saturday (20th June)- I invited my mum's former boss's families (the children, their siblings and the next 2 generations). My mum used to work for the late Mr. Teh Gin Sooi's family. I wonder where I would be today if not for him. He helped me to get into the course of my choosing in TAR college after I had already rejected an earlier offer to a Bio Maths class. That course was the basis of where I am today. He was also kind enough to let us stay with him for many years. That was when we did not have a house of our own.

In any case, I have not had the opportunity to thank him or his missus (both have passed away now), so in celebrating the first half century of my life (51st actually), I invited all of his children and their children and families for a lunch do at the Oriental Pavilion in Jaya 33. We had Dim Sum, a suckling pig and longevity noodles. I told them that this was a help the economy lunch since the economy is in such bad shape.Damn!! I forgot to take photos of the food again!.

Well, Alex got himself a new friend - Benjamin. Looks like his uncles like to bully him. poor kid. Justin and family was there too.

And today, as I am pounding this this out, it is father's day. My mum just called me for dinner. She had steamed a chicken and a fish. My favourite dishes - steamed is healthy.

One more BUURRPPPP!!! for the road.

No comments: