Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009 and others

Friday night, I get a few SMS to both my mobile phones by Elaine C. Frantically looking for a sympathetic ear for some personal problems. Unfortunately, due to a late night teleconference, I had one phone on silent mode and forgot to put it back to normal. My other phone was charging and when it is charging, it has a habit of disconnecting from the network. So I did not see the messages until Saturday morning.

Managed to get a gist of Elaine C's problems by then. All I can do is advice her as she does not want me to approach one of the people who is pissing her off.

Then Teng's daughter had her pre-wedding dinner at home and we were invited. It was open air and buffet. With the hot spell we are currently having, we came away from the dinner all sticky and sweaty. I hope the wedding dinner next week is cooler.

Sunday was Mother's day and I had 4 mums for lunch at Purple Cane, The Gardens. Thanks to Elaine C for reminding me to reserve a table as most places were full due to families eating out for Mother's day. There was my mum, my mum-in-law, new mum Madeline and Alex's mum for the lunch, together with Vincent and yours truly.

Maybe it's the weather, but I really feel tired this weekend.

2 comments:

vertigo said...

Alex's Mum... nice way to put that Alex's Dad!

Sam Tam said...

Wait, I think I had more mums in there.
There was my mum, my mum in law
Then my wife brought her mum and her mum in law
Alex brought his mum, and his 2 grand mums
Vincent brought his son's mum
That makes at least 8 mums at the lunch!!