Seem to have writers block at the moment. Not sure what i want to blog about.
1. Is it because of the economic situation that i am feeling somewhat low? I have actually asked my manager to VSS me off, but he turned me down. Maybe I'll try again this coming Wednesday when i have my regular teleconference with him. I think there is a lot more that I can contribute (even to the company) by being outside and not constricted by my current job assignment.
2. A friend of the family passed away on May Day. She was only 56. My mum used to work for her parents and later on her eldest sister. Her parents were kind enough to let us stay in their house when my mum was working there, unlike some "relatives" that I have. Upon reflection, I should have gotten to know them a lot more since I started my working life. As I listened to the Eulogies at her wake yesterday, I realize that I know them, and yet I don't. I like what her nephews and niece wrote on their facebook - they mourn her death and they celebrate her life. Siew Lin - rest in peace!
3. Can't really pin down a date, but I have finally recognized Elaine C as my second God daughter. This has been 2 years overdue. Took her for lunch and a foot and shoulder massage for her birthday.
4. Elaine C introduced me to Qiu Xiaolong, a Chinese author who now resides in the States. He has a series of detective novels revolving around Inspector Chen. What makes his stories interesting is that he liberally sprinkle doses of Chinese history into his novels. Still on Red Mandarin Dress at the moment. And the link needs to be updated. He has a new novel - The Mao Case. Elaine C seems to be learning a lot more about China, Mao and the Cultural Revolution from these novels.
5. During my visit to Penang last December, I bought all 7 seasons of Monk, a TV series featuring Adrian Monk, an ex-detective who has a serious case of OCD. Only started viewing them recently and I am now into season 5. In the States, season 8 is the final and ending season. Watching too much Monk can be infectious. You can start to develop symptoms of OCD!! Be warned. It's a jungle out there...........
Now- how shall I ask Brian for a VSS package??
1 comment:
No, don't do and just hang in there. Boss comes and go but technical expert will stay!
Post a Comment