a) gone back to their hometown and not able to go all the way to Sungei Siput for the funeral wake
b) have an aversion to visiting families who had a recent death
c) had to work by the 3rd day of CNY
Well, I don't have any of those issues and neither did Elaine. So both of us drove up to Sg Siput (about 2 1/2 hours drive from KL) to lend some morale and emotional support to TOC and family in their hour of grief.
I was glad to see TOC had come to terms with her loss. I know the loss is still difficult to come to grips with in the near term, but at the very least she knows her mum isn't suffering anymore. Her Dad, uncle, sister (TOY), brother and cousin(Jason) were also there.
TOC even had time to take us out to lunch and have a quick tour of Sg Siput. That was interesting despite the brief moment. I had always passed by Sg Siput and dismissed it as another small town on my way to Penang. It is a lot bigger than I had expected.
Elaine and I only stayed on for a few hours and then headed back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment