Neil is actually of Indian descent but is now an American (original name was Anil). But guess what? He, of all people came down with the Delhi belly and got confined to his room for the day. Nancy wanted to shop for some traditional Indian dress and so I ended up accompanying her for shopping and dinner. I roped in Keshav-ji so that we will not be fleeced. Nancy got what she wanted after we popped into a few shops in Metropolitan Mall in Gurgaon.
For dinner, colleagues in the office recommended a place in Metro Mall called Bauji something or another.
To start off, Keshav ordered tandooried fish, tandooried lamb, a vegetarian dish which he claims were lentils with some other vegetables (which looked like shit to me!!). That was enough to fill me up. And there was more to come!! Main course was 4 different naans, with aloo gobi (potatoes with cauliflowers), a pot of spicy dhall, a mutton kurma.
Surprisingly, this place did not offer any liquor. The name on it's drinks menu was roughly translated as Uncle's liquor shop - but NO LIQUOR was available for order!!By the time we finished, I could hardly move. When I got back to the hotel room, I had a shock when I weighed myself - 115.5kg. For the rest of my 2 weeks stay, I ate like a horse for dinner - only apples and oatmeal for most days. In addition, I started a regimen of sit ups in the morning.
It worked!! I left India at 109kg!! Phew!!
No comments:
Post a Comment