This update is in addition to the previous writeup on Gurgaon.
With double digit growth, much of India's infrastructures and economy is undergoing changes. 10 years ago, I was in Noida and saw a narrow 4 storey general provision shop which we would have called a mini-market in Malaysia. This shop had the billboard stating - HYPERMARKET!!.
Around the same time in Bangalore, there was a local superstore called Kemp. It was about half the size of our Globe Silk Store housed in 2 levels.
Today, many shopping malls are coming up around Gurgaon.
Ambience Mall, which is located just after the toll gate from Delhi to Gurgaon boasts of 1km of shopping per floor!!
Chinese restaurant (of the Hakka variety) are sprouting up like mushrooms everywhere. But truth be told, their menu is more Thai than Chinese. I think Indians are still not able to differentiate between Thai and Chinese. . Chinese styled outlets are the rage at the moment. Here is one of an outlet I saw all over Delhi -
Yo! China
Delhi airport even has a McD outlet. On the menu.....
Veggie burger WITH cheese!! (prices in Indian Rupees)
20 years ago, I saw full page ads of guys looking for horoscope compatible partners and likewise with the gals. Hardly see that anymore in the papers these days.
Delhi airport seems to be undergoing a long renovation. It was in a similar state one year ago. While waiting for my plane to take off, I had to amuse myself looking at the only bright spot in the departure lounge - the aquarium.
They even have a starfish with colors of the pootu!!
Nemo was having fun crawling amongst the anemone.
There is one anemone which made me think it has halitosis (bad breath lah).
Compare that with a regular anemone.
I'll be back in a month's time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment