Friday, February 22, 2008

Malaysia- the 12th Election is upon us

This Sunday, 24th Feb is designated as nomination day for the whole of Malaysia, except for the State assembly of Sarawak. That is when all parties, government and opposition officially put their candidates up for nominations so that the people can vote and elect their legislative representative.

I shall also be flying off to New Delhi the same evening and miss out one week of electioneering campaigning. This time around, I personally feel that the opposition has a realistic chance of denying the current ruling party their 2/3 majority and even has a slim chance of coming to power with a simple majority. The 4 years of abdullah badawi's rule has caused a lot of of the socio economic structure to deteriorate - very much like the structures built to house them, e.g. Parliament leaks, New Judiciary buildings leak, structures collapsing before building has been completed.

Crime is rampant and statistically has increased significantly over the past 4 years. While the official inflation rate says that inflation has been low, the reality is that cost of living has gone up significantly. We even had a run on cooking oil. Can you imagine - a palm oil producing country like Malaysia running short of cooking oil?

Islam hadhari?? To me those are the body snatching, force religion up your ass religious zealots. The talibanization of Malaysia has started and must be stopped with this election.

There are numerous emails making their rounds to remind many of us of the follies of this current government. A sleeping flip flop PM with a power crazy son-in-law lording over everything and grabbing every and anything he can lay his hands on.

I have no idea how many of you who reads this blog are Malaysians and even if you were, did you register as a voter and would you be voting? All I want to say is that come 8th Mar - vote wisely. As one former PM says - you get the government you deserve.

I know I will be voting for the opposition (who may just turn out to be the government in waiting). Even if that opposition is PAS or PKR or DAP .

Vote for CHANGE!!

No comments: