Thursday, September 13, 2007

I have got tunes running in my head - almost non stop

For some strange reasons, I have had that Japanese song Subaru running in my mind since last Thursday. I went to Google the song and found the Tanimura Shinji mp3. I printed out the lyrics and even asked my Japanese admin Miyuki to help me translate the lyrics so that I do not inadvertently sing something offensive. I even have Kylie and Kuen hooked on Subaru in the office. Elaine heard me singing and called it noise pollution and Kah Leng said I was singing in the shower!! Okay, I am not a singer, but what the hey, Subaru is a beautiful song. So I went to YouTube and found at least 3 versions - the original by Tanimura (popularised in 1980), a Cantonese version and another Canto version sung by Paula Tsui.

Why stop there?? So I started looking around for songs with videos sung by some of my favourite singers like Teresa Teng, Elvis and even one by Josh Groban.

If anyone want to sing along with Tanimura Shinji, here are the lyrics
Subaru
by Shinji Tanimura

Me o tojite nanimo miezu
Kanashikute me o akereba
Kohoya ni mukau michi yori
Hoka ni mieru mono wa nashi

Aaa... kudake chiru
sadame no hoshi tachi yo
Semete hisoyaka nikono mi o terase yo

Ware wa yuku aojiroki hoho no mama de
Ware wa yuku saraba subaru yo

Iki o saraba mune no naka
Kogarashi wa naka tsuzukeru
Saredo wa ga mune wa atsuku
Yume-o oi tsuzukeru nari

Aaa....san zameku na-mo naki
Hoshi-tachi-yo
Semete azayaka ni
Sono mi-o oware-yo

Ware-mo yuku kokoro-no meizuru mama-ni
Ware mo yuku saraba subaru yo
Aaa.... itsu no hi ka dareka ga kono michi-o
Aaa.... itsu no hi ka dareka ga kono michi-o

Ware wa yuku aojiroki hoho no mama de
Ware wa yuku saraba subaru yo
Ware wa yuku saraba subaru yo

God bless YouTube!! It was like a treasure trove of memories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi there! i can't seem to find the mp3 for "subaru" by tanimura shinji ):
do u mind mailing the song to me? thank you!!

"einahpetsisme@yahoo.com"