Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bonsai - free advertisement for someone I don't know

I normally do not advertise for anyone here. But I will make an exception this time because the people who were selling bonsai in Mid Valley Megamall in KL has such nice creations. Mdm Kuah saw me snapping away at her creations (which were not for sale) and asked if I can blog about it.

Bonsai is the art of turning plants into miniaturized versions of huge trees. What these people did was to express their creativity by sculpting the miniatures into animal shapes which are instantly recognizable.

Without promptings, you can see a dog, a bird, an elephant and a monkey. Even the dragon is obvious once you get the angle right.

It seems to me that an online equivalent for the hobby of bonsai is online games like Farmville or Farmtown or any other similar games on facebook. Takes time and effort to get where you want to go.

Bonsai anyone??

No comments: