Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Getting busier now

Wow! It's been 3 weeks since I made any posting!!

Was making preparations to deliver an engineer training in Shanghai for the week of 15th March. Then out of the blue, the Singapore training center was desperate for help for the week of 8th March to deliver 2 customer operational trainings. Apparently, the trainer from India was not able to make it due to passport and visa problems. C'mon, it's a Friday and you want me to deliver a training on Monday? Blimey!! Well, I relented and ended up in Singapore in the week where they had a furniture fair and an IT fair in the same week

What that did was to send hotel room rates soaring. But even at higher prices, all my favourite hotels were fully booked. So I had to make do with the one in Chinatown which normally charged us S$160, but was charging S$260 for the duration of my stay. Luckily this is all on company expense and not my own.

The long and short of it was that I delivered 3 days of chemstation training to 6 Singapore customers. 3 more who were supposed to turn up did not - 2 from Pakistan and one more local who had conjunctivitis.

And then there was 2 more days of LC maintenance and troubleshooting class. This time with 9 customers - 6 from India and 3 locals.

This trip, made the acquaintance of 2 new colleagues in the call center. Sad to say, I lost one in the region. He said that his love affair with the company ended that Friday afternoon. I hope he gets around to differentiating between work and personal relationship. Don't blame him though, I had gone through the same turmoil more than 15 years ago.

I went back home on Friday evening and then was Shanghaied on Sunday.


Sigh!

No comments: