Saturday, November 14, 2009

SAPK meet in Singapore

Just about a week or so after my last visit to Singapore, I found myself there again for a couple of days of management meetings. I have just been transferred back to the Asia Pacific operations and this was a good forum for me to update myself on the who's who in SAPK.
First observation - while there were some new faces, most of the others that I knew from 2 years ago were still there. Admittedly some were in different positions.
Second observation - things has gotten a lot more complicated in the 2 years since I left AP operationally. Obviously we have gotten more breadth in terms of instrumentation. We also have a lot more processes in place - with more to come. One of the senior managers put this into perspective - we just love acronyms and processes!!
Obviously, I cannot blog about the meeting. I am just glad for the opportunity to reconnect with the people that I knew and the people that I need to work with in my current role.

Cheers!!

1 comment:

vertigo said...

Singapore is like your second home, Boss. You put one foot out of Malaysia and other follows into Singapore.. !!