I know several people missed seeing an update(s) on my blog. Sorry folks - been busy lately. After almost a year of blissful lethargy, my workload has crept up and I find myself having little time to do much (other than my assigned work).
It started with having 2 positions to be hired. This was originally slated to be reporting into the Malaysian Support team. But then, my AP boss told me to take them under my wings. So I ended up sifting through resumes, conducting interviews and even did one long distance interview where I went to Kuantan to interview the prospect. Turned out to be a fruitful trip as he will be reporting for duty by the end of the month. I still have one more position to fill!!
And Deepavali (or Diwali as it is called in India) happened.
Kah Leng sort of celebrated by inviting the department to her pad for BBQ.
Wonderful night and company.
Some of the inital chicken wings were burnt due to the hot BBQ, but in the end, everyone got to eat a lot.
Some of us brought other homecooked food along for others to try.
Delicious!!
Wonderful night and company. Then I went down to Singapore for a variety of reasons.
Pham was teaching a single Q class there for 2 weeks..
I needed to pick his brains on getting my new people developed and so I planned to intrude into his class only from the second week onwards. The first 3 days there was a food fest (for me)!!
First, a select few of us were invited by Chef Tan to savor CT's handiwork. What can I say? If CT decides to open an outlet, I would be a constant customer. CT had 4 main dishes and a soup.
All 4 dishes were cooked just right. The soup (not shown) was just the tonic to wash down a good meal.
Next night, Pham had his class graduation. There is this regular place that we go to for good seafood. That night was no different at Casuarina Road near Upper Thompson.
For some strange reasons, either the crowd was very hungry or they just gobbled down the food because
Pham gave them an exam (which some did till midnite or so after the meal).
We finished dinner early - around 7.30pm!!
But I am very sure that the food we had was not the reason the dinner was over so early.
Pham gave them an exam (which some did till midnite or so after the meal).
We finished dinner early - around 7.30pm!! And on the third night, I had Thai food with Carolynn, Nate and Sombat.
Carolynn will be leaving the company on Nov 8 and in a way,
it was my farewell to her since I don't go down to Singapore that often. The food was great, though I have to admit a tad spicy hot!! I was sweating so much,
I think I must have used up at least 10 tissues to wipe my face during the meal.
I think I must have used up at least 10 tissues to wipe my face during the meal.Okay - enuff about the food on this update.
No comments:
Post a Comment