Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthdays and such....

I seem to have many people that I know who have their birthdays in April. Both my God daughters have their birthday half a month apart. My half brother's next week and (according to my facebook) another 6 friends, colleagues and/or acquaintances have their birthdays spread out through the rest of the month.

I am on leave today (one of the 2 days a month,we are suppose to take to compensate for the 10% pay cut that the company has implemented). Managed to file my income tax returns online, paid the balance of taxes due and cleaned up some personal paperwork.

Auntie June wants to borrow my Unser in June, so I decided to send the vehicle for a bit of repair (rear sensors and seat belts). Unfortunately, it is Friday and the area around the workshop I wanted to go to was packed jammed full of cars as the masses of Muslims performed their Friday prayers.

So I went and picked up 2 Miki-Ojisan cheese cakes to celebrate Elaine W's birthday - a day earlier. Why 2? because they are quite light and small. With so many people in the office, one would not have sufficed. And as luck would have it, it would also be Teo's birthday next week. So we did a double celebration. Miki Ojisan has 2 outlets that I know of. The one in Bangsar Village and the other in KLCC. I also got her a box of hot cross buns that Dlish was selling in Bangsar Village.

And I just cant get rid of that nursery rhyme from my head
Hot Cross Buns
Hot Cross Buns
One a penny
two a penny
Hot Cross Buns

And those were from the days when it was 12 pennies to a shilling and 20 shillings to a British Pound!.That would make it about 2 sen each for a Hot Cross Bun (at the current equivalent of RM5 to a Pound @ 1 penny per bun)!.

Damn!! Those were the days.

No comments: