Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Singapore again

A quick update becoz I am getting emails and queries on why I have nothing new for 2 weeks.
Becoz I am busy lah!!

Arrived in Singapore on the evening of 26th Oct. I am staying at the Swishotel Stamford this time. Why (as many of my S'pore collegues asked)? Because it is right above the Cityhall MRT station and I prefer to move around using MRT. And I save the company some $$ (about $25 a day) by NOT taking the cab from Yishun to hotel.

I have 8 participants in my class - 3 Malaysians, 2 Singaporeans, 2 Thai and 1 from Bangladesh. Experience and expertise varies from zero to application experienced. Challenging class to teach.

The last time I used Swisshotel Stamford was almost 2 years ago. Nothing much has changed. But I like the room - spacious, comfy and this time they put me at the 63rd floor - so i get a nice view of Singapore, but not the optimum view of the sea. I can see Orchard road all the way past Bugis station and Beach road to Suntec Convention Hall on my right. I also overlook the tennis courts and the swimming pool of the hotel which are located on the 8th floor.
There are at least 2 new colleagues in the Singapore office this time. Annie Liao from Business Center and Catharine Janto in Sales. Welcome!



Will update more later. I gave lab to the class and had just 15 minutes or so to update this.

2 comments:

vertigo said...

six...six...si...sixx...sixty third floor!!!

Question: whats the temperature up there?

pham said...

Nice hotel and clean, spacious room.