
This trip to Beijing, I tried something which I had never tried before - ACUPUNCTURE. Why? Because I just wanted to see if it was really painful and for the experience. I have been having a nagging soreness on my left Achilles tendon. The doctor says it was Achilles tendonitis, but I couldn't for the life of me see any noticable swelling. It has been affecting me for the past 6 months. As my friend's husband operated a TCM center in Beijing, I paid a visit to him and he gave me a free treatment for 30 minutes.

When the needles went in - there was very little pain -

even less than a mosquito bite. BUT the length of the needles going in was something else. At least 2 inches went inside me! My friend says that was because I had a thick layer of fat, so a deeper penetration was required. Well.. if you remember from the previous post about the trip up the great wall - I had the Acupuncture treatment prior to that - maybe that's why it felt easier going up the Great Wall the next day.

Agilent Technologies in Beijing have moved into their new office and the official opening is on 20th April (this Friday). The facade of the building is misleading. It looks like 12 storeys high. But it is only 5 storeys insisde plus another 2 levels for the basement. It is very spacious and have high ceilings.

And on a clear morning (around 5am), I managed to get this shot of the Moon over Beijing. Beautiful!

For anyone who plans to visit Beijing between now and August 2008, the whole city is going all out to let the world know about Beijing 2008 Olympics. Licensed stores are already selling Olympic merchandise adorned with the Friendlies - 5 of them representing the 5 rings of the Olympic movement. I bought a bunch of the lanyards kits for the people who do not have a chance to travel. Those who do have the chance to travel - you'll have to get your own! The stadium is near completion - known locally as the bird's nest. Does look messy in photos, but when you come up to it face to face - it looks beautiful! Unfortunately, the taxi I was in could not stop for me to get a good shot. Oh.... there is still a next time. I have to be in Beijing again in August this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment