Saturday, February 7, 2009

On the 13th Day of CNY 2009

Alex wanted to see the Pink Panther 2 in the cinema since it was announced to have started screening on 5th Feb. So I got tickets for 1pm. His mum went for a ex primary schoolmates get together in Rawang, so it was just the 2 of us. Show was hilarious if you like the humor that is typical of the bungling Clouseau. Obviously, Alex enjoyed himself very much.

Then we rushed home as Vincent Wong and wife (the newly wedded couple) said he was coming around 5pm. He did drop by, chatted a bit, pluck of my chiku fruits (not much left this time of the year) and then left.

I tried a new juice recipe that Elaine recommended - the 5 green juice recipe. I put in 1 piece of dwarf bitter gourd, 1 cucumber, 1 green capsicum, 2 stalks of celery and 1 green apple into my juicer. The end result tasted a bit bland - what do you expect - all these green do not have a savory flavor to it! Elaine says I should use more apples. I'll do that next time. This concoction is suppose to help lower blood pressure.

About 1 hour after downing this (and it made 2 large cups of juice!!0, my stomach started growling. Not wanting to risk gastric problems like the last time, I called up V and M if they wanted dinner (yes - I was planning to skip dinner). So we ended up at a place that is popular for Teo Chew Porridge. It is near my house (somewhere near Taman Yulek).

Then we had to rush home again as my uncle and cousins and their families from Serdang had arrived. With a big crowd in the house, it would not be fair to leave my mum to attend to this crowd. My maternal cousin and partner also turned up. Glad to have them visiting as there was still a lot of CNY snacks that needed to be polished off. The cleared up at least 2 containers worth of snacks!

another long day!

No comments: